A Harvest of Blessings
A Harvest of Blessings
Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
As always with God’s Word, a seemingly simple verse contains deep and compelling truth. This verse contains:
- A Challenge – ‘let us not grow weary’
- Where do we get the desire and strength to keep going despite our fatigue?
- Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
- A Call – ‘while doing good’
- What is the basis for our mandate to do ‘good’?
- Mark 12:29-31 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
- A Covenant – ‘in due season we shall reap’
- Who is the guarantor of this promise?
- Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
- A Condition – ‘if we do not lose heart’
- Why would God include a stipulation with this promise?
- Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
- Hebrews 6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
God gives us the promptings and the power to demonstrate true love for Him and toward others; and He promises that, when we persevere in faith, the good we have planted in love, will be harvested in the form of blessings.
I encourage each of you to prayerfully mine the truth of God’s Word for the treasure He has prepared for you in it.
Father, thank You for the depth, beauty, truth and applicability of Your Word. Thank You for the indwelling presence of Your Holy Spirit that guides me to an understanding of Your Word. I pray that I am faithful, diligent and relentless to complete with an attitude of love and humility good works as instructed in the Bible. I know that faith without works is dead. And I know that it is only by Your grace and the power of Your Spirit that I am equipped to serve You. I pray that the faith You have given me will lead to a bountiful harvest of blessings for those I encounter throughout my Christian walk. May Your will be done in all things. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.