All Will Praise Him
All Will Praise Him
The very last verse in the book of Psalms presents an opportunity; an opportunity for every living thing to praise Yahweh, the God of the universe.
- Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!
I encourage anyone reading this devotion to take this opportunity to praise God now and forever more; not just in word or song, but in awe, reverence, love, relationship, submission and obedience. Give yourself to Him and praise Him with every breath, thought, desire, attitude, word and action.
Now let’s look at the last five verses of Psalm 145 (but please take a moment and read this entire Psalm; it is a beautiful song of praise written by David). What does David tell us about God in these few verses?
Psalm 145: 17-21
- 17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.
- His Character
- God is the standard for right. All He does is right. And not by choice, it is His very nature. Every good thing He does is not deserved by those who receive His blessings. But He continues to bless.
- 18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
- His Presence
- God is close to those who honestly and diligently seek after Him. He indwells us. He inhabits the praise of His people.
- 19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.
- His Faithfulness
- God knows that when we truly reverence Him, our desires will align with His will. As a loving Father, He responds to the genuine cry of brokenness and repentance.
- 20 The Lord preserves all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.
- His Judgment
- God’s perfect love does not overrule His perfect justice.
- 21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord, And all flesh shall bless His holy name Forever and ever.
- His Creation’s Response to Him
- David chose to praise the LORD. But there is coming a day where every living soul will praise Him: either as a loving servant; or as a regretful, defeated enemy.
So, if you have not chosen to praise God up to this point in your life, respond to His call and start praising Him now. This can only be accomplished by accepting the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and surrendering your life to Him.
Christ, as God, will be praised by every tongue!
- Philippians 2:9-11 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Jesus died for your sins. He was buried and rose the third day. He ascended to Heaven and is at the right hand of the Father. He did all this so you can have eternal life.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Dear Lord, if anyone reads this who does not know You as Lord and Savior, I beg You to draw them by Your Holy Spirit to salvation in Jesus Christ. Guide them in prayer. Send a Christian to minister to them. Provide a Church for them learn and serve in. And if a child of Yours has turned away from You, work in their heart now such that they cannot take another restful breath until they turn back to You and give You the praise You deserve. I love You Father and thank You for Your Word, the everlasting Truth! In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.