The Affordable Soul Care Act
The Affordable Soul Care Act
While the United States of America wrestles with the legal, moral, technical, financial and political issues associated with the Affordable Healthcare Act, every living soul on the planet will deal with the implications of the Affordable Soul Care Act. Healthcare is a temporary concern. But Soul Care has eternal consequences!
Every single person who has ever lived, other than Jesus Christ, has offended God. Our offense is called sin and happens as a result of our:
- Inherent Inability to Reach God’s Standards
- Irresistible Itching to Rebel Against God’s Laws
But because of His perfect love for us, He made a way to address the issue of sin.
- Romans 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
There are two critical aspects of this reconciliation:
- First, we have peace with God through the death of Christ (a sinless sacrifice).
- Colossians 1:20-21 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
- Second, we have eternal life by the resurrection of Christ (proof that He is God).
- John 14:19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.
Why is this so important? Because whether you are reconciled to God or not, you will exist for eternity (either in perpetual suffering or in unending fellowship with God).
- Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
So why am I calling this 'The Affordable Soul Care Act'?
- Affordable – Salvation in Christ is a free and undeserved gift from God.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- Act – To receive this gift you must understand it, believe it and then act on it by surrendering your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
There is no broken website keeping you from the only insurance policy for your soul. So act now. Talk to God about your decision to follow Christ!
Father, You have done all the work and made all the provisions for Your physical children to be reconciled to You as Your spiritual children. May the truth of Your Word presented in this devotion touch the heart of someone who needs it. I trust Your sovereignty and praise Your providence. In the glorious and powerful name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.