Is God Waiting on You
Is God Waiting on You
When Moses went back up Mount Sinai for God to write the Ten Commandments on replacement tablets of stone (Moses destroyed the original set when he saw the golden calf), God made an amazing statement about His own nature and character:
- Exodus 34:6-7 Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7 who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.”
Throughout the Bible, history and our daily lives, God constantly and consistently demonstrates His essences through His words and actions. For example, even in the midst of pending attacks from Assyria and prophecies of judgment for generations of disobedience, God declared His gracious intentions to Judah.
- Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him.
King Hezekiah, when faced with the imminent invasion by Assyria, prayed to God for deliverance.
- Isaiah 37:20 Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You alone, Lord, are God.”
In response to this prayer, the angel of the Lord struck down 185,000 of the Assyrians encamped around Jerusalem and the King of Assyria returned home to be murdered by two of his sons (see Isaiah 37:36-38).
God’s goodness and love for us exceed our ability to fully understand. He wants to bless us. He knows just what we need. Sometimes He is just waiting for us to ask!
- Matthew 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
When His desire and our Spirit led prayers align, amazing things happen!
- 1 John 5:14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Whether we are under attack from the enemy, anticipating discipline from our loving Heavenly Father, or facing any other trail or tribulation, God desires us to humbly turn to Him. Is God waiting on you to worship Him (in Spirit and truth) and pray to Him (in expectant faith)?
Do you experience comfort and peace based on His love and promises regardless of the circumstances of your life? If not, perhaps He is waiting for you; waiting for you to acknowledge Him, to seek Him, to trust Him, to surrender to Him, to ask Him.
Dear Lord, forgive me from worry, fear and frustration. I know that You are waiting for me to give myself completely to You. I am asking You to deliver me from the bondage of doubt, to empower me with Your Spirit of Truth, to grant me wisdom for discernment and decisions, and to comfort me with Your Peace that passes understanding. Thank You for Your patience. Thank You for Your Love. By Your grace I am saved through faith. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.