StormsWe all face ‘storms’ in our lives (loss, disappointment, hurts, sickness….). What we must never forget is that, in His sovereignty, Jesus (God) either causes or allows these storms. And often He leads us directly into their path. This is all for our good!Mark 4:35-4135 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”
At times I am very guilty of letting the storms of life get me down. We must never forget who is in charge! With faith in Christ, in His strength and grace, we can endure any trial. And after each storm has passed, if we have been faithful to Him, we will be more like the person He has called us to be!PrayerPlease forgive me when I don’t trust You. You have given me the faith to believe in You and Your goodness. You have ALWAYS shown Yourself to be faithful. I pray that through each storm my faith in You grows stronger. Thanks for always loving me and doing what is best for me. In Christ’s name I pray, Amen.
- The storms in our lives come in all shapes and sizes,
- Yet each and every one our Lord utilizes.
- No matter the day, whatever the hour,
- To draw us to Him and to display His power.
- Trembling and crying we pray, ‘Why don’t You care?’
- Not stopping to think that He brought the storm there.
- And just when it seems we can’t take anymore,
- The winds become still and hope knocks at the door.
- ‘Why are you frightened, have you no faith at all?’
- ‘You know that I love you, you’ve answered My call.’
- We don’t have an answer, for His faithfulness stands,
- He keeps every promise and all power’s in His hands.
- Who can this be that the universe obeys?
- He’s Holy and righteous, unflawed in His ways.
- It’s Jesus our Savior, our God and our King!
- And the faith He has given us can bear anything!