The Blame Game
The Blame GameThe Blame Game is a game you are going to lose. God sees your heart!PrayerFather, by the power and presence of Your Holy Spirit, help me to accept responsibility for any sin in my life and promptly confess it to You. Give me strength to endure any discipline I am due. For anyone reading this devotion that does not know You, please draw them to Yourself for salvation through Jesus Christ. May Your Word lead the lost and the saved to stop playing the blame game. In Christ’s name I pray, Amen.
Oh the joy of Christian fellowship; sharing in the common bond of forgiveness of sins and eternal life in Jesus Christ.
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- Romans 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
And although we have the power of the Holy Spirit of God in us, in the weakness of our flesh, we still sin.
- 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Our deliverance from slavery to sin and the gift of eternal life in Heaven were both purchased with Christ’s shed blood. Yet we still need daily cleansing to maintain our fellowship with God.
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
To claim to be sinless is to call God a liar; a rejection of His Word!
- 1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
- Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Unfortunately, it is deep within our nature to deny our sin. A common defensive tactic when facing our sin is to blame someone or something else.
- Adam actually tried blaming God when confronted with his sin in the garden.
- Genesis 3:12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
- When Moses confronted Aaron about making the golden calf, Aaron actually tried blaming the calf!
- Exodus 32:24 And I said to them, ‘Whoever has any gold, let them break it off.’ So they gave it to me, and I cast it into the fire, and this calf came out.”
- 1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
- Salvation – The only way to eternal life is to confess your sin and surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Don’t miss out on eternal life by denying responsibility for your sin.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Discipline – If you are a child of God, your Heavenly Father will discipline you for your sin. Don’t make it worse by trying to blame someone/something else for your sin.
- Hebrews 12:5-6 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.”