No PS’sAfter finishing a letter, note or email, people often add additional thoughts after their ‘signature’ as a postscript (abbreviated ‘PS’). A PS is a great way to append what you just wrote with any afterthoughts. A PS is kind of like saying, ‘Oh yeah, I almost forgot …’
But with God’s love letter to us, the Holy Bible, there are no PS’s.
- Deuteronomy 29:29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
- God has not revealed everything to us. Our finite minds are not capable of comprehending all His eternal truth, knowledge, judgment, blessings, etc.
- In the Bible, God has shared all we need to know for salvation and to live a life honoring to Him.
- God knows everything; He doesn’t forget and He doesn’t have afterthoughts.
Since the Bible is complete, God does not add to it. And He clearly warn us to maintain the purity of scripture.
- Deuteronomy 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you (see also Revelation 22:18-19).
- Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. 6 Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
- Manipulating or altering God’s Word is a dangerous game you don’t want to play.
We are commanded to follow the complete and pure Word of God.
- Joshua 1:7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
- John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
- We are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), but we live a God honoring life in the power of the Holy Spirit by keeping the commandments.
Knowing the Bible is complete, we don’t alter it. By the power of the Spirit, we obey it. And as we grow in grace and truth, we learn to apply it to every part of our daily lives.
- Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
- Accept the Word of God as truth and search it daily for answers to your questions and confirmation of what your are told.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
- God gave us His Word to:
- Teach us what is right (doctrine).
- Tell us what is wrong (reproof).
- Show us how to take what is wrong and make it right (correction).
- Counsel us on how to maintain a God honoring life (instruction in righteousness).
Have you read God’s love letter? He wrote it for you! Don’t waste your time waiting on some new revelation from God. Don’t insult God by trusting what others say without consulting His Word. He has given us what we need. There are no PS’s from God!
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. I praise You for sharing with us everything we need to know for eternal life through Jesus Christ and how to live a Godly life once we become Your children. I thank you for the Holy Spirit who enables us to understand and apply the truth of Your Word. You have shared Your Word according to Your perfect plan without a single afterthought. I am overwhelmed to watch Your Word change lives (as it has done and is still doing with me). May Your Word continue to spread across the face of the earth to every tribe, every tongue and every nation. In the name of Christ I pray, Amen.