LORD – Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, ‘He Is’, ‘I Am’; the formal name of God. The LORD is the eternal, self-existent, all knowing, all powerful, never changing, ever present creator and sovereign ruler of the universe; the author of the Holy Bible; the architect of our redemption and eternal life in Heaven with Him; the standard of what is good, right and just; the ultimate judge of every living soul; gracious; merciful; perfect…
Because He is infinite and immaculate, and we are finite and flawed, any attempt to fully describe or completely understand the LORD falls immeasurably short. We can’t fully know Him now, but we can know what He has revealed of Himself through His Creation, His Works and His Word; and we can have a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus Christ.
The LORD is my Lord (Jehovah is Adonai) – He is my master, owner, sovereign. I have surrendered all that I am to all that He Is. I recognize Him as the only true God and as the Savior of my soul. Because of His grace and the shed blood of His Son, Jesus, to pay my sin debt, I will spend eternity in Heaven praising, serving and learning about Him.
The LORD of Eternity
- Psalm 90:1-2 Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
- Jehovah and Jesus have existed from eternity past and will exist forever!
- Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
The LORD of Truth
- Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.
- Jesus is the personification of Jehovah’s truth!
- John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
The LORD of Life
- Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
- Jesus gave His life to satisfy Jehovah’s wrath against our sin so that we can have eternal life.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
The LORD of Love
- Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
- Jesus is the perfect expression of God’s love.
- Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The LORD of Hope
- Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD.
- The hope of Jehovah is in Jesus Christ.
- 1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,
The LORD of All
- Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;
- There is no end to the reign of Jehovah and Jesus. They sovereignly rule over all things for all time.
- Acts 10:36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all—
I also included verses about Jesus under the headings above because Jesus Christ is the human incarnation of the LORD God; He is God in the flesh.
- Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”
- John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
- Colossians 2:9-10 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
If you don’t know Jehovah, there is only One way to Him, through Jesus Christ, Jehovah’s one of a kind/unique Son.
- Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Here are a few verses from the Book of Romans in the New Testament that explain the truth about sin, its consequences, and God’s means of dealing with it.
- Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Every person falls short of God’s standards (everybody sins).
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Sin results in separation from God (death). But God loves us so much, He made a way for us to be in right relationship with Him (which is eternal life).
- Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- God doesn’t ask us to clean ourselves up (He knows we can’t). He sent Christ (the human incarnation of God) to pay our sin debt by dying on a cross – shedding His precious blood to satisfy God’s wrath against sin. Now that is love in action.
- Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Accept the truth of this good news and surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Believe it, accept it, act on it – talk to God right now. Tell Him you believe the truth about Jesus. Ask Him to save you from the punishment of sin.
Without a right relationship
with Jehovah through Jesus,
You will be separated from God forever
in a place call Hell.
Search Your Heart.
Ask God to reveal Himself to you now.
Today is the day of salvation!
Loving Father – draw many of the lost to hear and respond to the truth about You, about Jesus, about sin, about Hell, about Heaven. Only you can bring life to those who are dead in their sin – please bring many to know You through Jesus. I pray in Your Son’s name. Amen.