What is going to keep you from getting closer to Christ in 2017?
- Mark 8:36-37 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Will it be:
- John 12:25-26 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
- What do you love so much about your life that you are willing to dishonor the one Who humbled Himself for You?
- John 12:42-43 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
- Who is it that you are trying to impress?
- Luke 18:22-23 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.
- Why are ‘things’ more important to you than your relationship with Jesus?
- Galatians 3:27-28 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
- Who have you prejudged based on race, ethnicity, gender, social status, etc.?
- Romans 13:13-14 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
- How does your life not reflect your love for Christ?
- Colossians 1:17-18 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
- Where does Christ rank in your life?
If you have been spiritually reborn into God’s family through faith in Jesus Christ, walk with Him daily in 2017. Be thankful for your salvation. You should always seek to be closer to Him.
Don’t take Jesus for granted.
Don’t take Jesus for granted.
- Colossians 2:6-7 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
Loving Father and Faithful Friend, draw Your children closer to You through Your Son, Your Spirit, Your Word, Your Church, Your Providential Care and Your Sovereign Plans. Help us to always recognize that we can be closer, more obedient and more faithful servants. Empower us to live lives that honor You. Use us to draw others to salvation in Jesus Christ by the lives we live, the love we show and the good news we share. As always, I pray in the precious name of my Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.