Responding to His Word
Responding to His Word
How do you respond to the words of Jesus?
Those trying to trick Jesus marveled at His words.
- Matthew 22:18-22 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, “Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the tax money.” So they brought Him a denarius. 20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?” 21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” 22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.
The multitudes who heard His teachings were astonished at what He said.
- Matthew 22:31-33 But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.
His disciples felt His words burning in their hearts.
- Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”
The dead came to life in response to His command.
- John 11:43-44 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”
The winds ceased at His rebuke.
- Matthew 8:25-26 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” 26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.
The lame walked in obedience to His words.
- Mark 2:11-12 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
Now He is speaking to you.
- Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
What burden(s) are you carrying – habitual sin, legalism, guilt, shame, hypocrisy, being judgmental, anger, hurt, unforgiveness, trying to work to earn God’s favor…?
He is waiting for you to respond. Talk to Him about it.
Holy Father in Heaven, through the work of Your Holy Spirit, may all who hear the words of Jesus respond in faith. Lift the burdens off the backs of those who trust Your Son, Jesus. Draw many to Christ for the forgiveness of sin and eternal life. I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.